Need an easier way to tell the size of a thread
May 7, 2010 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Superpredator

Headphoneus Supremus
... that isn't just a number under the Replies column.  I liked the vBulletin dual-purpose page navigation under each thread title that allowed one to discern a thread's size at a glance.  While scanning down the titles on a page, it clearly distinguished threads from one another.  It was quite useful to be able to rapidly pick out popular or new threads.  Now I feel like I'm scanning right an awful lot, contributing to the slow pace at which I've been navigating the site. 

A solution, should one be pursued, would not have to replicate vBulletin's UI, though it did seem rather elegant.  I'd take any visual cue I can get.

May 7, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 7
Indeed!
One of the many regressions from the old forum - that need to be fixed. Imo that is.

May 8, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imo that is.

Not only IYO. Going through a forum seemed slow but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. Threads are too much alike.

That, and I always miss the "More Forums" popup menu because it doesn't stand out in any way. (It would be good to have that replicated towards the bottom of pages, too.)

May 9, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 7
I concur with you guys,this is the missing functionality that annoys me the most on the new forum layout. The wasted space and new colour scheme might be questionable, but the lack of information on thread lenght really makes reading the forum impossible.

May 11, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #6 of 7
Yeah, I agree with all the above, it does make it that much harder to eyeball thread length and tell them apart

May 11, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #7 of 7
When I searched the forum the oldest results were listed first.  Not necessarily a real practical change. And why no right click spell check option?  Default subscribe is not great either....oh, and the thread length thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back