Need an amp
May 14, 2006 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Borky

Head-Fier
I currently have AT A900s and Sennhesiser 280pros and I plan on getting something like Beyer DT 770s in the future. I want an amp to power these headphones, as I don't think the output on my Chaintech card is enough right now. I don't need anything portable, so being able to use an AC adapter without any noise, etc. would be good

Can someone suggest would would work best for me out of all of these (or if there's anything else less than $150):

PAV2
LDII
LDM+
Total Airhead

May 15, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Can someone compare the PAV2 with the little dot amps and air head please? I listen to a variety of things, but I guess mainly rock and hip-hop, maybe a little jazz.

May 15, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Going to throw some LD2 love here. This little amp sounds amazing, really great with mellow electronica and jazz, lots of punch for rock music. Mid-bass is emphisized a bit with the stock tubes, which I actually like for most music. They are also very microphonic (not really an issue for a headphone amp). I hear replacement tubes people have bought don't have either of the two "issues".

I don't think there's a tube amp that can touch it for value. I havn't heard a hybrid amp but they just seem like the worst of both worlds to me rather then the best. I don't think you can go wrong with anything listed here though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back