need an amp for sennheiser HE 60 electrostats
Feb 14, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #16 of 19
An example of the adaptor/re-termination can be found here.
@ Carl: I am itching to try the transformer route myself. Hopefully there is a SRD7 Pro winging its way to me soon

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:31 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by SkiffX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And would you guys know someone like that who would make me an adaptor??
580smile.gif

I really you appreciate all your help.

Justin at Headamp seems willing to make them, but not cheaply. I was going to get him to make one for me until I stumbled across my Tachyon unit.

Other than that, you just need to scoure auctions for one of Stax's pro bias transformers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrikane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Carl: I am itching to try the transformer route myself. Hopefully there is a SRD7 Pro winging its way to me soon

Nicely done. I can only imagine how nice an HE90 would sound from a seriously fine tube amp.

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nicely done. I can only imagine how nice an HE90 would sound from a seriously fine tube amp.

I have a great pair of 25wpc KT88 based monoblocks waiting to do the job, also an incoming Air Tight ATM-300. Interesting times ahead. I am very glad to have that HE90 to Stax adaptor cable now.

Feb 15, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by SkiffX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And would you guys know someone like that who would make me an adaptor??
580smile.gif

[AK]zip reterminated my HE60 with an amphenol Stax connector, and added a female Stax connector to the HEV70 connector so I could use it again. Obviously, this is a committment, but a superior solution to the HEV70 -> Stax converters... way superior, especially if you are serious about a better amp.

03.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back