Need Amp for Sennheiser HD600
Jan 29, 2011 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

easy-rider

New Head-Fier
Just got some HD600's and need an amp. I play mainly FLAC lossless from my Xonar D2 and also play games with Dolby Headphone.

Been looking at the E9 as a budget option but also the The NJC audio Monitor I.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 13
I am using schiit asgard with HD650. I think Asgard is also good option, if you are looking around $250.

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #8 of 13
Im trying to get enough posts to post a classified. Im selling a meier corda headfive that i have been using with my HD600 which sounds really good, but im looking to get a tube amp.

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 13
Dude, have you done any reading on this forum at all?  The HD600 has been around for, what, 10 years now?  There are piles of amps that are well suited to drive it.  By starting this thread, you're just going to get a bunch of recommendations for the current fotm (asgard, etc.), but if you use the magic search function instead, you may find a number of older and cheaper gems.  Good luck and have fun.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #12 of 13
I have to agree with acidbasement. This same amp question has been around ever since the HD600 came out in 1996, and probably 100 amps got recommended for it by now.
So enjoy reading the different topics on headfi. What I can tell you is that it would be better for you in the UK to buy a european/asian product because of the import taxes you'll have to pay on the USA products. Good luck!

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
Quote:
Im trying to get enough posts to post a classified. Im selling a meier corda headfive that i have been using with my HD600 which sounds really good, but im looking to get a tube amp.

This forum fails.

I ask about "thing" and get nonsense

I made a very reasonable suggestion- Regardless of weather im selling my amp or not, Meier pairs well with the HD600....not that non sensible when you think about it. If anything fails are your search abilities, because this has really been beaten to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back