Need advise on IEMs.
Nov 17, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except if they're active.

Just go with the AD700, HD 555 and call it a day. Why would u want IEMs for gaming? You don't seem to give a reason other than aesthetics, and you'll regret buying something for that, atleast when you get to know what you couldve had and realize no one really cares whats in your ears at ur computer.Nor should they care wherever you are, and you shouldn't care if they care.

And tell me again, why do you want to waste that much money on worthless accessories, instead of looking into the best soundstage an universal IEM can give you? The IE8? IEMs can not do surround sound as they can just separate which position something is on the right or left. With a full size headphone, simulation of whats in front of you and behind, is a lot better, but still not as good as what you'd get with speakers. A lot of the things you suggested in your post there will not work out. For isntance plugging phones into the monitor + + + extension cables etc. will make a whole lot of curcuit and degrade the sound as it passes through.

Our advise is getting full size headphones. That's it. No point of asking if you're not even gonna be open about it. And if you wont listen, you wont listen, so then whats the point?

1st of all. This is MY pc, i can do whatever the hell i want with it.
2nd. I didn't post my question here for you to question my taste in earphones, if you don't want to help me then fine, go away. And i won't be replying any further to you because conversations like this has gotten me BANNED three times before on other websites.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if you tried Dr.Weird but you can't hear yourself talk with IEMs on. I can't stand it. It's like your head is inside an aquarium.

But do yourself a favor, just get some normal ******* headphones will you? The good people here tried their best to make you look like a human being that breathes air and sleeps at night, it's the least you can do for them.

Why do people always get so angry on forums? I can't ****ing understand it, its always the same. When i receive replies like this i never get upset.

I am not getting banned over some overly sensitive IEM haters, screw it. It just ain't worth it. Don't bother replying because i am not returning to this thread.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #33 of 39

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #34 of 39

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #35 of 39
If you're fuzzed at getting a reciever, that's not really a reciever and will never be able to give you full srround sound... just get the sennheiser llucas used for 50 bucks, it was originally worth a lot more and u can find one for very good prices. But...Oh ****! It's grey! and doesn't even have spinning mirrors and optical lazersss..

Dont get me wrong the Lucas is a great product, but WHY do you want an external surround sound emulator? do you know that they work? You know that they will work, you know IEMs with it will somehow create a huge difference worth the money, so the knowledge is all there. Why are you asking us, believe me we don't know A from B. And anyhow, you need no more than 5.1 for gaming.

And what you found at that link you posted, looks like Toys'R'us and is supposed to be so amazing for simulating 7.1, but is still useable with Windows ME. And excuse the language, what the **** do you think an improvement of 9 dollars will sound like, when this is an ACCESSORY. Nothing at 9 dollars can simulate OR make 7.1 surround sound. What you're looking at is prolly a scam that will prolly, if anything degrade the sound of your excellent IEMs that was never intended to be used for gaming.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.weird /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do people always get so angry on forums? I can't ****ing understand it, its always the same. When i receive replies like this i never get upset.

I am not getting banned over some overly sensitive IEM haters, screw it. It just ain't worth it. Don't bother replying because i am not returning to this thread.

Would you be kind and use energy one someone that will not listen what so ever? so do, some dont

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #37 of 39
True, if they where active noise cancinling IEMs you might be able to get a switch to turn that part off, but you would still have a decen't amount of isolation, because once again they would still be IEMs

and really OP? We tried to help you, we've suggested what we can, but what you are asking is pretty much in the realm of the infasible. Sure you like IEMs, fine, but the best thing to get for what your asking is a pair of headphones meant for gaming, with a built in mic; I mean really, would not using IEMs be the end of the world?

also once again any inline mic that you get and trick out work with a PC would probarly have pretty bad quaility, which is NOT what you want for any kind of gaming where you need to use your voice. So for both the sake of your future game mates, and yourself, please listen to us.

use IEMs with a external desktop microphone and risk looking stupid(I mean, really? that is your concern?)

Or get full sized gaming headphones

And for the love of God, we are not IEMs haters-- hell, I'm listening to my IEMs as post this-- we are saying don't get IEMs, because they are far from the best choice for what you want, not because we don't like them.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #38 of 39
seriously, virtual surround done on an industry proven standard is going to trump a marketing gimmick any day... the X-Fi soundcards which the Xonar is based on already have a really solid virtual surround function... the soundcard IS your virtual surround sound adapter

also, your monitor's connections are likely not going to be hi-fi quality, your best bet is to bypass the monitor and connect whatever you are using directly to the soundcard... you will notice the sound getting worse if you plug them into your monitor, trust me on that...

one more thing... if use that USB surround sound adapter, you do realize that you are making your nice Xonar soundcard redundant, right? anything audio which plugs into your USB is basically a USB-based soundcard, or as people here like to call it, a DAC (digital to analog converter)... and i wouldnt hedge a bet on the driver support which is required to make it work, unlike a big name brand with a dedicated driver team and a large userbase...

honestly if you dont want to use the etymotic HF2 , thats your loss, its one of the best IEM's out there, especially for its price, too bad that you have to find a way to work its Ipod adapter with a normal soundcard... or you could settle for a normal, mic-less IEM and find one of those cheap over-the-ear mic pieces,and use them together... you'd have 2 wires running from your head but really, if your that worried about looking cool, theres not much you can do other than design your own products...

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #39 of 39
Headphones cannot do 7.1 it's not possible. What it does do is use reverb or phase on certain frequencies to fool you. If you're gaming and need mic set use a pair of sealed phones with a desktop mic, or pair of headphones with mic fitted like helicopter phones.

If you want 5.1 or 7.1 you need to buy a proper multi-channel speaker system, not use crappy SRS or other gimmicky sound modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back