need advice
Feb 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

slugger13

New Head-Fier
hey everyone I have some Sennheiser HD 555 and I have Sennheiser HD 477. I dont think sennheiser makes them anymore. They are both good. Isnt the bigger numbers supposed to be better? The hd 555 are more comfortable but I listen to rap like lil wayne eminem and drake etc and you can hear it across the room with my ipod on half sound. My parents dont really like me listening to that kinda stuff lol. I think the 477's sound better though, so I need your advice do any of you own these? please help me. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 2
Well the 555 is, in essence, the same thing as the 595, which is the step up from the 555. They apparently have the same drivers (here's the mod for 555>595 ). Where is was going with the 555 mod was that is the next "step" in the Sennheiser ladder, the next would be the 598. Then you hit the 600 series which is a pretty large step up in price.

However all the headphones your talking about are "open" cans so sound will leak out, they're made to. So you may want to look for "closed cans" if that's a problem.

Hope that helped. 
(You should definitely consider doing the 555 mod, the drivers in the headphone need more air to function correctly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back