Need advice to buy IEM for listening Metal/Death Metal
Apr 8, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #16 of 22
Metal wise I listen to Metallica. Based on my experience with the IE8, I'd say IE7 would work out nicely for you. ER4P while nice, doesn't provide that extra depth without an amp. Phonak PFEs might also be a solution.

Apr 8, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #17 of 22
Based on what I have read, the EB will have bloated midbass and poor sub bass. I really don't think it's designed for death metal. The production on those albums is usually not exactly crystal clear, so adding excessive midbass would really make the music worse as far as I'm concerned. I think those EB phones are much more suited for rap/hop hop/techno/electronica/whatever but you may like them for metal. It's all up to the person, but if I was in your situation I would not get the EB's for that preference.

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My IE 8 works well with Death Metal, grindcore and other Metal genre. Strong (but not overwhelming) tight bass, with a ridiculous amount of detail across. It is capable of keeping up with the amount of detail and speed. The closest on your list is the IE 7, so that is my suggestion.

Is there a huge difference between the IE7 and the IE8??

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #19 of 22
I have never heard the IE 7, unfortunately. Based on my understanding reading other people's experience, the IE 8 and IE 7 sounds similar, with the IE 7 having a slightly smaller soundstage and a more neutral sound. The IE 8 has its advantages too: adjustable bass knob and modular cable. But I'll leave it to someone who has experienced both to key you in on the sound difference.

I am listening to Carcass on my IE 8 now. The drums are explosive and brutal, without repressing the attacking guitars. Personally I really can't think of a better IEM for Death Metal.

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #21 of 22
The PFEs had a bit of trouble keeping up unamped for me, though I did not get the chance to try them amped.

Apr 9, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I listen to all sorts of Metal and the IE8's make it sound oh so good. =p

I think i will go with the IE8, but im not sure whether they will fit my ear because me ears/ear canals are smaller than normal people. so im kinda worried if i buy it and it doesnt fit me then im screwed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back