Need advice, shipping AD700's to Canada
Mar 19, 2009 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Saturn

AKA: TheForce, LittleBit, TMacoy, MonsterBeats, Tonemgub
Hello!

Lately, I have been placing much effort into figuring out which store I should buy AD700's to ship to Canada. Though, I am having a hard time doing so, not because of the price, but because I am new to buying online that I do not know how much I am expected to pay for the taxes, brokerage, and etc.

Basically, I have kind of narrowed it down to these three stores:

J&R - $99.99 + $35 shipping [UPS Worldwide Express includes brokerage fee]

Beach Cameras - $89.99 + $19.99 shipping + $3.99 per lbs [FedEx]

AlwaysLowest - $86.13 + $18.99 shipping [FedEx]

[Also, feel free to add any other stores that carry AD700's that fit in this price range.]

So, I am fine with the prices of the AD700, but I am only afraid of the cost of trying to get it to me. Please help me find a way to!

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 3
If you're shipping to Canada, go with the option that includes brokerage, unless they can ship USPS.

Otherwise, couriers that don't include brokerage will bill you afterwards which may cost as much as, or more than the item itself.

So basically, for future reference, always pick USPS, if unavailable, pick the courier that includes brokerage.

edit: you can also clear the package yourself, but I don't know how to do that. Another option is if you live near the border, send it to a place that forwards parcels and pick it up there to save shipping cost

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by katsup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're shipping to Canada, go with the option that includes brokerage, unless they can ship USPS.

Otherwise, couriers that don't include brokerage will bill you afterwards which may cost as much as, or more than the item itself.

So basically, for future reference, always pick USPS, if unavailable, pick the courier that includes brokerage.

I second that... with USPS, you have a little bit less chance of getting caught by taxes (although in my experience, it's pretty systematic when it comes from US). UPS are the worse, the even charge big handling fees !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back