Need advice - rugged bass headphones
Oct 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sparkie6point0

New Head-Fier
Hello!  First-time caller!

I am looking for some really good over the ear headphones that deliver amazing bass, but can also survive a rough Chicago winter and come back for more.  If they can fold and be put in a large purse/bag that too would be great.  Yes, I DO care about sound - I love thumping bass, but I want to hear good mid-range and treble too.  I just don't see paying $400.00 for a pair of Beats Pro simply because some hip-hop producer's name is on them (even though IMO they aren't bad - they're jut overpriced!)  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #5 of 6
I'll say Sony MDR XB700 has pretty sweet bass. Sony tends to make durable products so I'm fairly sure it's durable. Not entirely sure if they're foldable though, you'll have to look that up. Don't too much see why it'd effect your purchase though... It affects size by like what 30 maybe 40 percent?

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 6
For 150?  I'd recommend the Ultrasone HFI-580/DJ1.  It might not have the eardrum displacing bass of the Sonys, but it can give your teeth a rattle. The 580s feel very durable, and they do fold up more or less.  Sound is pretty good for the price.  They are without a doubt more bass centric than anything else, but can still do mids and highs well enough. 
Price?  I got mine for about 120 through Amazon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back