Need Advice Please - Ripping CD Collection to FLAC via External Disk Drive
Jan 13, 2022 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Share2Care

100+ Head-Fier
Good Evening Ladies & Gents!

I am wanting to rip my CD collection to FLAC files but need to do it via an external disk drive.

Would there be ones that stand out? I am looking into using Exact Audio Copy as the software but am open to all suggestions and just need some advice on which external CD Disk Drive to get!

Thank you! 😊

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #3 of 7
Jan 15, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Is the choice of n external CD Writer to rip from less important than the software being used to actually rip the music files to FLAC via software in your opinion?

Any and all help and advice is really appreciated!

Well, the hardware just needs a solid chassis to hold the optical laser reliably with a consistent steadiness on its own. The software definitely does need more attention in that regard, but more towards how you often you will likely use it.

BTW I changed the BD-R external drive link above with a BDXL writer external drive link above.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Well, the hardware just needs a solid chassis to hold the optical laser reliably with a consistent steadiness on its own. The software definitely does need more attention in that regard, but more towards how you often you will likely use it.

BTW I changed the BD-R external drive link above with a BDXL writer external drive link above.

Really appreciate your time and help on this. Have ordered and then the ripping will commence!

Thank you :)

Jan 17, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #6 of 7
I have been using this software for ages...EZ CD Audio Converter.

For integrity its has various audio and data error checks and verification as well as offset correction. Along with various audio formats including DSD.
But for me what it separated for the rest (not only its speed), is its metadata (CD info and album arts) finder and editor.

EAC and DB Poweramp is just too slow for me. Especially if you have lots of CDs to rip.

Give it a try (trial software).

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 7
I have been using this software for ages...EZ CD Audio Converter.

For integrity its has various audio and data error checks and verification as well as offset correction. Along with various audio formats including DSD.
But for me what it separated for the rest (not only its speed), is its metadata (CD info and album arts) finder and editor.

EAC and DB Poweramp is just too slow for me. Especially if you have lots of CDs to rip.

Give it a try (trial software).

That is great advice as I have 2 boxes literally full of CDs... Over 200 at least so speed with the added bonus of Meta Data is tip top guidance so thank you Kind Sir!

Appreciated!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back