Need advice on surround sound adapter.
Nov 23, 2009 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dr.weird

New Head-Fier
I am looking to buy the dolby headphone surround sound adapter.
JVC SU-DH1 SURROUND SOUND HEADPHONE ADAPTER

JVCSUDH1.jpg

Is this a good adapter to give your earphones surround sound? Lets just say that i plan to connect it to my pc sound card and then connect my headphones to it, i have chosen headphones of the highest quality and for purposes of keeping this thread on topic, i will not say what kind of headphones i am using and will not reveal the brand name (i learned from my mistakes on a previous thread).

I just want to know if this dolby adapter is good for providing surround sound and if you have any other advise to give me.

EDIT: My sister wants to use this thing too, but for an mp3 player. Will IEMs work with this thing?
Thanks for helping. And one other thing... i heard this adapter eats batteries like hell, is there a way i can fix this? maybe connect it to a device that gives power from the wall socket?

Also, people say that you need to add a headphone amp, what is that? how will it help?
And please give advise for more surround sound adapters, does anybody know of a 7.1 channel adapter that gives virtual surround sound for headphones? i also found two versions of the su-dh1,
main.jpg

JVC_SU-DH1.jpg
Which one do you recommend?
Thanks again.

Nov 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 versions?

erm JVC is Victor. just they only use the Victor brand in japan

okay thanks, thats one question solved.
bigsmile_face.gif

Now a new question, i am trying to prove that you can have great sound quality with IEMs by adding external hardware. I plan on using an su-dh1 dolby headphone adapter and connecting it to a titanium fatality sound card and then connecting the adapter which is connected to the sound card to the IEMs(note, i am trying to prove the IEMS can be made good for gaming)Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series Sound Card

Then i plan to connect an external "clip on" mini microphone to the wire of the IEMs by clipping it on to the wire and then plugging it into the sound card, thus meaning i have great sound quality, dolby headphone and a working mic for online gaming, all with a simple pare of IEMs.

Any suggestions on further improving the sound quality of the IEMs and any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #7 of 8
IEMs generally suck for gaming, and for surround sound catch a used sennheiser lucas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back