Need advice on storing Sennheiser headphone (HD600) after listening.
May 16, 2002 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

jaybar

100+ Head-Fier
After you are done with an evening's listening, can you just wrap the cables around the headphones? I am concerned because I hear about all the intermittent connection problems. What is the best way to store these headones between listening sessions?

jay Fischer

May 16, 2002 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 26
Hi Jay,
I just coil the cord separately and hang both the 'phones and cord together on a hook on the wall. No problems yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

leave them on the floor out in the open

A & M.............what's up with that suggestion?
confused.gif

May 16, 2002 at 1:03 AM Post #6 of 26
Don't the 600's come with a box? If so use that, otherwise...

Try acquiring a bag that the cans can fit into, check out www.headphone.com.

May 16, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 26
Yes, HD-600's come with in a very strudy and attractive box. That would be an excellent place to store them, being careful not to yank on the cord at the headphone end at any time.

May 16, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 26
jaybar, it does. btw, when i'm finished listening to the hd580s i place it on the table beside my amp; they aren't fragile headphones by any means.

incidentally i have had a bit of an intermitency problem and have seen some oxidation on the contacts... plugging and unplugging several times solves the problem for me.

best,
carlo.

May 16, 2002 at 6:23 AM Post #11 of 26
Hi, jaybar!

First thing: do not unplug the cord unless there's intermittent contact problem - it's design is not so durable as for example jack 1/4'', I expect limited unplug/plug cycle life.

Second: I use glass head when not using big circumaural phones like the HD600. (price I paid was about 20 USD in Czech Republic - from Sennheiser dealer, they have demo phones on them)

bye
Moonwalker

May 16, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #12 of 26
There's a headset stand available at Radio Shack for about $5. I hang my HD580 on one. Looks pretty sharp, and always draws a comment from visitors. Makes me look like a serious audiophile. I looked more hard core with those, my V6, CD1700, and SR-80 lined up on stands, but the latter two 'phones are out of my collection and the V6 is hiding under my computer desk (it's in fear of my new KSC-35, heh.)

I'd suggest hanging the 'phones up, either on a stand like me or on a peg like Joe. They shouldn't suffer from just being set down, though, as A&M suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back