Need advice on Speakertap-> estat Energizer for the new Audeze estat
Aug 1, 2021 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ThanatosVI

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

With Audeze releasing their new estat tomorrow I'm looking for a fitting energizer.

I already have an amazing speakeramp and for cost efficiency reasons I'd like to use it in conjunction with an energizer.

I don't even know what's on the market and which of these things are any good. I'm looking for readily available non diy products.

For now I know about the
Woo WEE
IFi Pro iESL

What else is out there, what do you recommend?

It should do the Audeze some Justice but if possible not cost 4 grand and upwards...

Looking forward to your advice

Thanatos-VI

Aug 1, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 7
If I have to go with a speaker amp I am also looking at the Mjolnir Audio SRD-7. https://mjolnir-audio.com/products/ Scroll down to the bottom of the page. A pretty good price from a well respected amp builder. If you find a used one the units with the Lundahl transformer are preferred.

Aug 1, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 7
If I have to go with a speaker amp I am also looking at the Mjolnir Audio SRD-7. https://mjolnir-audio.com/products/ Scroll down to the bottom of the page. A pretty good price from a well respected amp builder. If you find a used one the units with the Lundahl transformer are preferred.
Thx those look great.
Are those generally well regarded performance wise?

I love the aesthetics, hope they perform great

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 7
I think all of his stuff is well regarded. Right now I am of three minds. The Mjolnir is almost half the price of the IESL but is not returnable( I think). However I don't have a suitable amp at this time so I would have to get a vintage amp or something like the PS Audio Sprout. The iESL is more expensive but if bought new I could try it for 30 days and return it if I felt it was not doing the HP justice. I would also have the option of using the WA33 to power it without spending for another amp. My third mind is to just not go there and forget the whole electrostatic thing. That is where I was 5 days ago and look at me now. :deadhorse:

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 7
I think all of his stuff is well regarded. Right now I am of three minds. The Mjolnir is almost half the price of the IESL but is not returnable( I think). However I don't have a suitable amp at this time so I would have to get a vintage amp or something like the PS Audio Sprout. The iESL is more expensive but if bought new I could try it for 30 days and return it if I felt it was not doing the HP justice. I would also have the option of using the WA33 to power it without spending for another amp. My third mind is to just not go there and forget the whole electrostatic thing. That is where I was 5 days ago and look at me now. :deadhorse:
Well the price of the Mjolnir is great if one already has an suitable amplifier.
Also seems to be saver for the headphones than the Woo Pendant.

The iESL offers quite a few more options, like being useable on your Woo Wa33 as well as powering regular headphones from a Speakertap.

Since you don't have a suitable amp right now, but own the Wa33 which is summit fi material, I guess the ifi iESL is your best option.
(Since I doubt that you get a great amp for the price difference between the Mjolnir and the ifi)

For me it's the other way round since I already have an amazing speakeramp, so thanks again for sharing.

Maybe we get a few more options from those with experience

Maybe wait for first impressions on the estat, but if it's great I don't think you should skip it just for it being an estat

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Damn Audeze is coming out with a estat ? I need to get online more as this is the first I’ve heard of it.

Aug 1, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 7
Announcement tomorrow! BE there or be square. :gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back