Need advice on purchase of multipurpose In-Ears
Oct 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SirClintus

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I am looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones that won't "Break the Bank". Below I am listening all the information on how I would like to use them.

They would be primarily portable, in the car, coffee shop, working-out etc.

I would like something that is very iscolated, and cuts out most outside noises.

My main protable music devices are an ipod,ipad2, and laptop.

Types of music I listen to very tramendously, but I would say I listen to more alternative rock and modern christian music. I would say I tend to like my music on the bass heavy side.

But to keep things intresting...

I also am a bass guitar player (not an expert by all means). I play mainly contemporary christian music, alternative rock, and rock. My idea is to use these headphones as in-ear monitor for when I play bass live at local churches that have the capability for in-ear monitoring.

But out of the two I would use it more for just music playing.

My past 2 examples of in-ears were:

Bose "on ear" in-ears, (these were my first headphones past cheap ipod ones)

Then after I wore those out I got some skullcandy titans cause they were cheap and seemed really durable with the metal housing.

If you need more information just post and I will try to respond promptly.

Thank You!

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 4
Consider the UE Triple-fis.  You can generally find them on the for sale/trade forum for $100 or so.  As long as you get a good seal, they isolate great have awesome sound quality for the money -- punchy bass and sparkling highs,  I've also found them to be very rugged and can take a lot of abuse so they make great gym headphones.  While I prefer the sound of my JVC FX700s and Senn IE8s, I always go back to the Triple.fi's when recommending a solid, general purpose iem.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition. You can sometimes find them used, if they pique your interest let me know I can MAYBE find them for you. They're excellent headphones good for everything really, the sound meshes well with everything I've put them through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back