Need advice on low budget-low profile headphones
Nov 30, 2004 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ankga

New Head-Fier
currently i'm using sony's streetstyle MDR-G74SL (i know it's not audiophile or even popular in this forum), and i'm very pleased with the price they offer and the sound and bass quality they offer. but after awhile i'm kinda realizing they kinda big, and kinda hassle my ear after awhile.

i also own sony's MDR-EX51LP, which is a canalphone basically. i like their "low-profile" design (just like any other canal/earphones). but i wasn't very pleased with the audio quality compared to my G74SL.

so my question is: any recommendation on canal or earphones that has good pounding bass (i'm sensitive on this) and also acceptable sound quality. and also, i am on low budget right now, so somewhere around $40 is good for me.

,thx for any help

Nov 30, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 7
Would clip-ons work for you? The Koss KSC-35 is very bassy, with good all-around sound. If you'd prefer a foldable low-profile headphone, the Sennheiser PX100 is also bassy and good-sounding on a budget.

Nov 30, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 7
the KSC-35s are indeed an excellent choice. for canalphones, i would recommend the Sharp MD33 available from Audiocubes.com for $39 + shipping. they have the same formfactor as the Sonys, but with much better sound. their much sharper midrange leads to clearer bass.

Dec 1, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 7
the sharp md33 sounds good to me...

but one question, what's 4 pole? i have a regular sony's minidisc (bought here), would it have any problem with plugging these caps into my player?

thx again,

Dec 1, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 7
^ nevermind what i've said

found this : Also suitable for non-4 Polar portable units

on audiocube's MD33 specification

thx again guys!

Dec 2, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #7 of 7
Sharps MD33S from audiocubes for $50 will likely not dissapoint for that. Check the foam-stretch-over mod near the end of DigDub's thread to take off a tiny bit of brightness.

-sf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back