Need advice on IEMs :)
Jan 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jtgamble

New Head-Fier
I know, who doesn't right?

I'm looking for some IEM's for daily use. I'll be using them with an iPhone mostly, though I do plan on using them with my PC as well when I'm listening to music and working when I want to keep the outside noise down.

Right now budget is up in the air. Obviously I'd like to not spend a fortune, but I'm willing to spend several hundred for a good pair.

Another question would be customs - are there any in the $400 or below area that are good? Or do I need to jump up to the UE 5pro customs at $600? And when do you think customs are worth it?

Thanks much in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 6
livewires would fit in your bellow us$400 customs (assuming u meant us dollars, since everyone else remembers to denote the currency)

if was me id get a pair of shure se530's, super comfy great isolation and sound awesome.

all depends on what sort of sound it is you are looking for as to what would be best for you

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks. Yes, I did mean US$, sorry didn't think to specify
smily_headphones1.gif

I want something with a good soundstage as I listen to a very wide variety of music. I don't need a lot of bass - I like to hear it, but I don't need to feel like I'm carrying a sub around with me
wink.gif

As for customs, do you prefer the Livewires or the hearyourself.com customs? And how do they compare to the UE 5pro customs?

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 6
i have used neither customs so i cant say exactly how they compare to one another, as i say if was me using with iphone id get the se530 and tack on the shure iphone mic, gives music and acts as headset when call comes in. etymotic hf2 would also be a good headset.

im afraid customs dont hold huge interested for me so i cant really say terribly much about any of them with any authority

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 6
your budget is good enough to buy most high end iems, westone 3 and sennheiser ie8 is currently the most popular ones for headfiers. I would certainly not go over 400 for iems unless I am really an IEM fan, or Im just rich ^ ^ save up for full size Cans man, that's where the real musics are.

Jan 14, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your budget is good enough to buy most high end iems, westone 3 and sennheiser ie8 is currently the most popular ones for headfiers. I would certainly not go over 400 for iems unless I am really an IEM fan, or Im just rich ^ ^ save up for full size Cans man, that's where the real musics are.

The reason I want IEMs is because I spend a lot of time out, walking, or working in public areas. I don't want to have to carry around a set of full size cans everywhere
smily_headphones1.gif
I want something that is very portable with good sound, good isolation, and comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back