Need advice on IEM in $100 price range
Aug 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rimark

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I've been doing a bunch of research around these forums as well as other sites for a while now and want to get some advice from the folks on this forum.

Basically I would be using this for everyday listening, mostly during my commute to work/school (fairly loud on skytrain - which is basically a subway above ground), so good noise-isolating would be nice.  I am coming from my Bose MIE2s which (to me anyway) sounded wonderful compared to $40 JVCs I used to buy and very comfortable.  I also want a mic/control button(s) included in the IEMs because it's useful to be able to hear people clearly through the skytrain noise and be able to speak with them, as well as skip tracks etc.

My tastes in music are generally more Indie rock/folk than anything, although I still do listen to a lot of hip-hop, electronic, pop.. basically whatever I am feeling like at the moment.

I've looked a quite a number of IEMs and have narrowed it down to two so far:
Klipsch Image S4a II - Roughly $80 off Amazon
Audiofly AF56 w/ microphone - Roughly $90 (Vino) off Amazon

I guess another note is that I am buying from Canada, afaik I can still order off of Amazon.com as opposed to .ca...

Any other suggestions of other good IEMs for roughly the same price range would be awesome or recommendations on either of those two that I have picked would be sweet too.

Thanks in advance!

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 4
re-400 would be the first thing to look at. 
Beyond that, if you prefer a slightly warmer sound sig you could check out the se215.
If you're looking for big bass check out the fxd80, skip on the xb90ex

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey Panama,

Thanks for the reply!  I've looked at both the re-400 and the Shure se215 already, and although they may be great IEMs, they lack the in-line mic that I am looking for.  The fxd80 I have never seen but it looks interesting for sure, but again I think it doesn't have an in-line mic or buttons.

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 4
Oh I see. There are several nuforce and ultimateears iem that have mics afaik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back