Need advice on headphones for about 200 €
May 6, 2010 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Cutter

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I've had a chance to listen to the AKG K 242HD, and while I really liked their kind of sound, I found that they lacked detail. I'm looking for headphones with a similar kind of sound, i.e. not too analytical nor boring, but with better detail. I've also listened to the Grados sr125 or sr225 (either one of these, I don't remember), and while they had a better level of detail, I didn't like their sound at all.
I thought of the K272HD, but read they are "studio" headphones, and thus sound analytical and boring. Is that true?
Which pair of headphones should I consider?
Thanks in advance.

May 6, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 6
I guess the ideal balance would be a pair of Sennheiser HD650's or 600/580 depending on your budget. 

May 7, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 6
Do you really need closed headphones?  Also, what kind of DAC/amp are you using?  This can be fairly important because the K271/272 will not have very good bass if used without proper amplification.  Moreover, if you don't need closed a used pair of HD600 does sound good for a not too analytical/not too boring of a sound with more detail, but the HD600 needs even more power than the K271/272.

May 7, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #6 of 6

This can be fairly important because the K271/272 will not have very good bass if used without proper amplification.
 +1 - provide current to the K271 and they will shine. They scale really well, especially on the bass department, with a beefy - warm sounding amp. IMO, they´re mids are fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back