Need Advice on Fiio X3 (ii) and matching Headphones
Jul 13, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #16 of 18
  Ok agreed, Can you suggest sites where i can buy the albums for $15? I would not mind as long as there i get the enjoyment of listening. 

www.hdtracks.com
www.cdbaby.com

If you can't find your music there just Google it and patiently scour the sites. When I wanted a copy of Melissa Auf Der Maur's Out Of Our Minds I didn't realize it was an Indie release, and CDBaby didn't have it either, so I searched on Google. Most sites - Canadian, where she's from, in both English and French; British; Aussie; some French sites - wouldn't allow the download because my IP address wasn't withing their jurisdiction. I was about to give up but I found a French site that cared more about selling good music than anything else, paid with my online Mastercard, and within the hour I was already listening to it.

Is flac and MP3 320kbps noticeable. If I am not mistaken flac is better

If you're paying for it FLAC is better since you can archive it - the cost of a FLAC album vs an MP3 album (or downloading per track) is too small, and in some cases where concept albums have 18 tracks some sites sell interludes for $1 each like the other tracks.  You'll then have a lossless copy that you can make compressed copies of when you need more storage.

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #18 of 18
  I looked up at sony headphones, MDR-ZX110NC, And they say it is noise cancelling for $40. Is it worth ? going to sony instead of sennheiser HD 439 ?

If you're going to use noise-cancelling you can practically skip the DAP, or just use the Sansa Clip if you don't have an Android with an expansion card slot. NC headphones have an internal amplifier so that negates the amplifier in the DAP. Even if you hook it up to the amplified output, the NC headphone just takes the signal as a line input, then what matters in driving them in terms of distortion, channel separation, noise, etc will be the internal amp. The Clip will have a loud enough output for those.

That said, however, I'm not so sure I can trust a $40 NC headphone to actually sound good, or if its NC system is even effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back