Need advice on 2nd pair of Cans! Sennheiser Momentum vs Marshall Monitor!
Mar 25, 2015 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tsukuyomi

1000+ Head-Fier
either headphone dictates how much (roughly) my budget is. around 200ish
I most def want an over the ear headphone.

currently im using a Bower and Wilkins P7 at home for leisure music. but i dont take these out downtown / public transit.

my question is, based on the experience of all you people out there in Head-Fi land :)

Momentum or Monitor?
which one?

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 7
I have heard both. The Momentum will be more neutral, on the warm side, with a laid-back sound. The Marshall is more V-shaped, with stronger bass and more sparkle, but it is less smooth sounding.

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 7
double post lol

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 7
What do you mean by sparkle and less smooth?
the only headphones i could compare them to would be my P7's but that's not really a fair matchup imo.

another thing that's been bothering me is comfort, ive heard the momentum despite being over ear. is still small for most peoples ears. and the Marshall is a tad bigger but still just as "snug". did you experience any of this or were they both good fits?

also did you listen to them for a long time? was the headband annoying on either?

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #5 of 7
I seem to remember the marhsall monitors as pretty uncomfortable and the sound seemed rough and closed in. Sounded pretty good with rock, though.

Some are completely put off by the momentums due to them resting on the ears.

Of the most recent closed portables I've heard the hp50 keeps impressing me. 

I really dislike all of the B&W models.

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 7
I tried the momentums today at the store, and id have to agree with you. good sound but even the "over ear" were too small and were more like "on ear" headphones. and my ear size is normal/average.

I have yet to try the monitors at the store, but i will do that tomorrow and check them out. i'll keep in mind what you said about uncomfortable and closed sound. :)

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 7
Okay, too bad about the momentums. I find them medium comfortable, could be better, could be worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back