Need advice-need a new mp3 player- with EQ (just got AKG K420)
Aug 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, havent posted for a while- surprised my account is still ok!

Well, I hope to ask for a favour, for some suggestions for a new mp3 player.

I used to have a Creative Zen Touch, but that died on me quite a while ago. I got a new pair of headphones- AKG K420, really good for the price i paid. I like them a lot but for some music like instrumental rock (progressive rock to be specific) or some rock tracks the mids are a bit low and the bass a bit too up front.

I listen to rock mostly as well as some pop (but still has guitars and drums and stuff), but I love jazz fusion and will listen to some classical music (orchestras and piano).

I liked my Zen touch because of the sound quality and the EQ, and I could change the sound according to the type of music I am listening to.

I am a bit outdated with the mp3s now so i would like to ask for some suggestions- for good SQ, EQ (or so good sq that it will be ok if i do not have EQ), and I do not need that much space- 8mb would be fine, 4gb or 16gb is also fine. I do not plan to spend too much - around the price of a 16gb ipod or LESS (im not sure how representative this is since I am tihnking of the price in hong kong- ~$1500 HKD, which i think is a bit less than $200 USD)

Hope its not too much trouble.
Thank you!
Rob

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it would be nice if it could last, well-built, etc. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back