Need advice from mini owners
Feb 7, 2010 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys, I drive 03 civic. I got my car paid off. I have around 66k mileage and probably able to sell it for 7k. It's an ok car, no major problems, cheap to maintain, got around 28-29 mpg for daily commute.

I'm browsing autotrade and saw a 05 mini cooper s, manual, 83k mile, sell for 10k. I've always interested in Mini. I think I will get the same mpg as my civic, probably 1-2 less, no biggie, however I have to pay premium on it. Manual is not a big deal either, prefer matic but I learn to drive with manual so it should be ok. The thing that I'm worry about is Maintenance, being a 'bmw' car, it will be more expensive than my honda. Since the car itself is 83k miles, is there any issues I should take a serious look for? How much is it for regular maintenance on mini dealer, oil change, 30k mile service, etc? If anyone can recommend a good indy around philadelphia, that'll be great.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 3
I am not a mini owner and I don't want to threadcrap but...Honda makes a nice car and I would stick to what you've got. I know that's not what you want to hear.....

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not a mini owner and I don't want to threadcrap but...Honda makes a nice car and I would stick to what you've got. I know that's not what you want to hear.....

+1,Honda actually over engineer there cars,there engines gearboxes etc are some of the best around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back