Need advice for new IEMs
Feb 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Norlin

New Head-Fier
Right now i have a pair of tripple-fi 10 pro that i really need to replace as they are way too large for me and causes them to fall out of my ear and hurts my ear. It feels really sad to replace them as i love the sound.
I'm in need of new ones that's smaller but have the same sound quality. Been looking at the klipsch x10 but dunno if they're on par with the TF10p sound wise.
I listen to everything from metalcore to opera and would like a pair of IEMs that fit well for every music taste.

I can stretch my wallet to pay $250 for a new pair so that's my budget roof if you have any other ideas. 

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 10
HiFiMan RE-262's, perhaps Q-Jays. As for Klipsch X10's, they're relatively are on par with TF10's from what I hear.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 10
What kind of music do you listen to, or what kind of sound signature do you like? Bassy? Analytical? Warm? That always helps to narrow stuff down. off the top of my head, $250 can get you the GR07s, E-Q5s, RE272, or Audeo Phonak PFE 122.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Just reshell them. Will cost a lot less and you get custom fit and the tf10 sound you like.

Ok, so about reshelling then. I have no idea how it works. Do you have to go to a shop and they take mesurements or your ear or is it something you do on your own?
If you actually have to go to a special shop I don't think I have any available anywhere close to me. I have absolutely no experience in this area so a bit of help would go a long way. Because I do really like the way TF10 sounds. And approx how much does it cost

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #10 of 10
Find an audiologist near you and ask for some moulds to be taken of your ears.  This will vary in cost depending on who you go with.  Then when that's done send the impressions along with the triple fis to whoever you choose to go with (unique melody  fisher and 1964 ears are amongst the popular choices, all of whom have threads on here so do a search), wait x amount of weeks and hey presto.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back