Need advice for my room setup
Nov 27, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #16 of 19
I didn't really like it to be honest, but for $80 new I doubt there is much better stuff out there. It will definitely shake your house and should be good as long as you don't push it too hard, its very good as a starter sub. I ended up replacing it with a BIC America 12in (I forget the name) which I really like even more than some previous expensive subs I had tried out ($400 range) but it was almost exactly 2X the price of the Polk.
sorry if I sound like a DB.

Quote:
How did you like the sub btw?

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
I didn't really like it to be honest, but for $80 new I doubt there is much better stuff out there. It will definitely shake your house and should be good as long as you don't push it too hard, its very good as a starter sub. I ended up replacing it with a BIC America 12in (I forget the name) which I really like even more than some previous expensive subs I had tried out ($400 range) but it was almost exactly 2X the price of the Polk.
sorry if I sound like a DB.

Not at all, I like honest opinions. That's good. I wasn't expecting anything to blow the roof off with a budget of $90 any way. It's just for my small room so I think it will be perfect for the mean time. My Logitech X-540 computer speaker sub was real good for me so I'm guessing in comparison, these will be even better.
Plus I had a $100 credit to Newegg and those were the only subs in my price range on Newegg so worth the money. 

Nov 27, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #18 of 19
You can hook up that sub to that receiver quite easily, connect the receivers mono rca output to the subs left stereo rca input you don't need any splitters, you could use the high level pass thru but it's a bit messy you have to run speaker wires everywhere.

Nov 27, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
You can hook up that sub to that receiver quite easily, connect the receivers mono rca output to the subs left stereo rca input you don't need any splitters, you could use the high level pass thru but it's a bit messy you have to run speaker wires everywhere.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking. 
What do you mean by "high level pass through"? Is that hookup option #1 where you put speaker wires into the sub and then have speaker out from receiver come into the speaker in on the sub? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back