Need Advice for LG v10 and HD439's
May 19, 2016 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mazda3racer

New Head-Fier
I have the LG v10 and I have just purchased a pair of HD439's and I am very disappointed with the sound. The cans sound really good when I use them with my PC but are very shallow sounding with the v10 even with the DAC turned on. The v10 uses a  SABRE 9018 DAC and SABRE 9602 amp but it just doesn't seem to help the audio with these. I am looking at small mobile amps but I don't know where to begin. I do not want to spend very much so I have been looking at the Fiio E6 and the Topping NX1. Does anyone have any advice on what would be best? If I do get an amp should I use the built in DAC or leave it disabled?

Thanks in advance for the help.

May 19, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #2 of 4
Have you tried tricking the V10 into a higher gain mode by detaching the cable from your headphones and plugging it in first?

May 19, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda3racer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I do get an amp should I use the built in DAC or leave it disabled?

DAC is Digital to Analogue Converter. Which one is in use depends on how you are running the system.

If you're using a DAC-HPamp or just a plain HPamp and then run a 3.5mm analogue cable from the V10's headphone output to the 3.5mm analogue input of the DAC-HPamp or HPamp, you are using the V10's DAC.

If you're using a DAC-HPamp hooked up via USB OTG, you are using the DAC-HPamp's DAC. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back