Need advice for IEMs: detail, soundstage with good bass amount, good isolation, which can be worn straight down. $150 max.
Dec 7, 2011 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cocolinho

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all!
I would like to start this thread by telling my own story, I think it will help to recommand me some nice IEMs
wink.gif

So, it did not take that long to find the perfect headphones for me, I started with :

1. AKG K518DJ, I liked the sound but some problem with comfort and maybe a bit too bassier
  2. then MEelec HT-21s, did not like it, clear but sound too dry for me. (somewhat the opposite of 518DJ)
  3. Alessandro MS1: was definitely my taste but way too uncomfortable & of course it leaks too much even for home-use
  4. Denon D1001, I liked it so much that I decided to pull the trigger and buy D2000, I'm in looooove !!!

So I did not spend a lot of time to test many different things, lucky me! But when it comes to IEMs (for travel, gym etc...), that's another story!

1. I started with Meelec M6 & M9, pleased especially with M6 but did not like the fit over-the-ear and wanted something more refined
  2. Brainwavz M1 thanks to ljokerl review , I still have them, I would like an upgrade but it becomes difficult to found the right one...
  3. Fischer Silver Bullet : very pleased with the sound: soundstage, detailed, clear, good amount of bass, but the housing was too big/too heavy for my ears so I sold them unfortunately
  4. Hifiman RE-0 because I wanted to give them a try and I knew I could compensate the bass with the bass-boost option of my Cmoy but still I find them too dry, I'm clearly not "WOWed" and I think I still prefer the M1. (Am I crazy?!)

So I'm looking for detail, soundstage with good bass amount, good isolation, which can be worn straight down.
I made some research here and it seems that the following IEMs are recommanded for a Silver Bullet lover:
PR401, JVC FX500, HiSoundAudio Crystal, JVC FXT90, Sunrise Xcape IE

I used Cmoy BB & Cowon S9.

Thank you all for confirmation or any other recommandation!

Sorry for my english

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #2 of 5
I found Xcape IE bass too lacking for my tastes. JVC FXT90 bass is really good. The soundstage  is not the widest, but I really enjoy it, because it is somehow 3D sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back