need advice for an good on-ear headphone
Jul 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

BestEarCN

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for a good balanced onear headphone, with neutral to warm tone, no harsh or bright sound, good details price is not a big problem as long as it has a good value, I tried noontec zoro hd and ue 4000, they have good sounds, noontec is better imo, 4000 is a little bit v-shape I think, but their ear pads are not rotatable, which creates too much pressure on my back ear bone, so I would like a rotatable onear, I am looking at the akg k67 any advice?

I wear glasses, so no overears, sad

thank you guys for your help

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 15
Jul 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
Looking for a good balanced onear headphone, with neutral to warm tone, no harsh or bright sound, good details price is not a big problem as long as it has a good value, I tried noontec zoro hd and ue 4000, they have good sounds, noontec is better imo, 4000 is a little bit v-shape I think, but their ear pads are not rotatable, which creates too much pressure on my back ear bone, so I would like a rotatable onear, I am looking at the akg k67 any advice?

I wear glasses, so no overears, sad

thank you guys for your help

If price is not a big problem, the absolute industry standard for what you ask is the Sennheiser HD-25 II.  On ear, very neutral with perhaps a tad shaded to bass (yet with sparkling highs), excellent isolation, and a left-channel can that rotate above and away from the ear.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
If price is not a big problem, the absolute industry standard for what you ask is the Sennheiser HD-25 II.  On ear, very neutral with perhaps a tad shaded to bass (yet with sparkling highs), excellent isolation, and a left-channel can that rotate above and away from the ear.

but according to joker, they are pretty bright

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #11 of 15
I have an AKG K167 and I am really happy with it. I can not comment on 67 though. Just I know all Tiesto series are sort of fragile so they are definitely not made to carry around. They are better for home & Office use.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:
I have an AKG K167 and I am really happy with it. I can not comment on 67 though. Just I know all Tiesto series are sort of fragile so they are definitely not made to carry around. They are better for home & Office use.

i heard about the fragile too, i am so scared that they will break in couple of weeks

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:
but according to joker, they are pretty bright

Maybe you should read Tyll's reviews on the HD25, instead. He does not like bright headphones, IMHO.
wink.gif
  I prefer to think of HD25's as very punchy with rock solid bass, great midrange and some sparkle to keep things airy and interesting.

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #15 of 15
After doing a lot of searching, I ended up getting a sony mdr-1r, which is an over-ear :) It is one of the most comfortable over-ear headphones I tried, with glasses. Clamping force is pretty small. The cushion is very soft too.  And I like its sound the most among those comfortables. Pretty balanced imo, bass is not overwhelming like those XBs and x05/10, mids highs pretty clear. thanks for you guys help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back