Need advice for a speaker system
Sep 23, 2011 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

idcidc

New Head-Fier
Hi,

so I am trying to find a speaker system that satisfies my requirements. Basically, this is heavy bass and under $200. I was looking at the Altec Lansing Expressionist ultra mx6021, but everybody is out of stock, so I have to get a different sound system.

Please help me :)

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 6
The audio engine A-2s are very good at your price range.  They are a bit bass heavy and it is possible to add a sub later; check out the audioengine site for instructions on how to do that. 

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
The audio engine A-2s are very good at your price range.  They are a bit bass heavy and it is possible to add a sub later; check out the audioengine site for instructions on how to do that. 

+1 for the A2's. Fantastic speakers, for the price, and surprisingly bassy and loud for such a tiny pair. First time I heard them was at a friends and though he had much bigger bookshelves hidden to be producing the sound that these make.

Unfortunately mine are unused atm. Two weeks after I got them, my dad gave me his old 1989 Bose 301 mkII's. Say what you want about bose, but these things sound absolutely fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back