Need advice: DJ Headphones >$110
Jan 10, 2010 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

whiteleaf

100+ Head-Fier
I apologize for making a second thread about this, but the title about the other included the Name Sony MDR V700 and based on the bad rap I've seen about those headphones I had to do this.

I really want to make my order within the week so I was hoping this MIGHT speed response or interest up a bit.

Anyways, looking for a pair of DJ headphones under or at $110, rather them be circumaural, comfort isn't a huge deal but it'd be nice, bass needs to be solid but not overpowering (I would like to use them every once in a while for just listening and I listen to trance, hardstyle, alt rock and soft rock). I've come up with some:

Technics RP-DH1200
Pioneer SE-DJ5000
Stanton DJ PRO 3000
Sennheiser HD 215
Sony MDR V700DJ

Now I know looks aren't anything when it comes to sound quality, but seeing as these will be Dj headphones, good looking is a plus
redface.gif

I'm open to all help, and I know this forum is plenty knowledgable.
Thanks everyone.
dt880smile.png

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 18
I know you mentioned them before...I just...I don't know
frown.gif

If somebody can ellaborate on why HD 280s are worth it please do. Something about them makes me not want to research about them, I don't know if it's me being picky on looks, or if what little I've heard hasn't been really attention grabbing.

O and the ineuality thing could be totally wrong, I was right in my mind...looks like it says headphones greater than 110...

Meant less

Looked at the ATH-M50s and I haven't found anything negative that would affect me. If I could find those for $90 I would totally get them over anything in my list, now that I think about it I know a kid with them and he's happy with them (wish I listened to them when I had the chance). Where can you find these things for $90???

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #6 of 18
The 280s are given a bad rap for because many complained about the strong clamp on the head, the fissures over time, and pads deteriorating.

Out of all those on the list..I'd go for the technics. They're heavy, but they're solid, and for DJ use its what you need for durability....plus..it doesnt look that bad..

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIR, I suggest considering the ATH-M50. Search "M50". Can be bought new on line for as low as ~$90 shipped.

+1. A used DJ headphone is also a good idea.

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #10 of 18
Checked HDJ-2000 but i can't find those under 240...so they're a bit expensive.

As of now ATH M-50s are doing the best, found them for 104 and that's perfect
next would be the technics.

And everyone I think my inequality reads wrong. I was meant to read like headphones less than 110

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #12 of 18
For live DJing, I have a pair of HD215's (and a spare just in case). They isolate pretty well and the swivel cup is very convenient for mixing on the fly. They also are quite durable. I just don't think that they're current production, but if you can find a pair, they're probably the best DJing can's I've used.

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 18
Well I got down between The HD215s, the Technics and the ATH M-50s (audio technica)

I just made my purchase of The Audio Technica ATH M-50s on ebay through an "ebay store" called GearTree. Now I got them for $99.95, there were some from some stores at $104.95 and the rest were retailed at like $140.99. Now this is my first buy on ebay, so right now I'm freaking out thinking:

"O my god what If I've bough FAKES???! Cause I got a good deal."

and "What if I got fakes or used cause the sight I bought it from for 99.95 had less options to than the one for $104.95 (that one offered coiled cable or straight)."

and finally "What if they're fake or I just got ripped off cause the site wasn't one of the most trusted or best seller"

Now I'm hoping this is normal this whole first time ebay buying nerves, and I'm really hoping this works out...

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #15 of 18
Well I visited the site and everything, seemed as legit and safe as anything else out there.
Well we shall see what happens. I'm actually pretty excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back