Need advice buying some audio equipment. Options are Hd 700 vs Beyerdynamic T1 vs Beyerdynamic t90
Oct 25, 2014 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tyco3000

New Head-Fier
I personally listen to Alternative rock, rock, and pop.I have the Akg Q701s. Any help is welcome!
You can also list some headphones I might want to look into. What im looking into is something with more bass then the Akg Q701s and will sound good with a variety of genres.

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #4 of 8
My beyerdynamic a200p or I could buy another amp for around $200-300. My budget on these headphones are around $500-800

You know what my recommendation is, Spend $400 on a Hifiman HE 4, then get your self an Audio GD NFB 11. I had the DT 880 which many feel is simmilar ish to the AKG, and the HE 4 is pretty much sound wise a DT 880 + Linear Bass from like 0-200 hrz 

here's the graph for it, 

Which means it sounds REALLY CLEAN and really good! 

You could push it to the next level, and find a semi used HE 4 for under $400 and get this unit

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1033/NFB10.33EN.htm the NFB 10.33 it's a balanced Amp/Dac so it's going to REALLY drive the HE 4 well [I use a balanced cable out of my NFB10ES2] and then you can find a balanced Cable [4pin xlr] for around $60 ish dollars on eBay or maybe even get @cCasper TFG to build you one for a good price

For a point of Referance, I listened to a LCD 2F and found my HE 4 was on par with it, the only differances where in the overall color. The HE 4 being clean and a little colder, than LCD 2F being a little Darker 

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 8
I love my Grado PS500e for rock.  Electric guitars sound the best to me from Grado. I've got the T1 and would not recommend it unless you want to get a good amp for it.  Haven't heard the t90 or hd 700 but from what I have read on the hd700 they are a big step down from the hd800.  For the T1 you need an amp that tends to be warm.  They are naturally cold or dry sounding.  Everything is there but with out the emotional feel that you want.  

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #6 of 8
I've got a Senn Grado, which according to the Grado guys, ranks above a RS1e  

that said, speaking for the Grado sound it is nice for rock :3 though I find the HE 4 is a tad more resolving and comfortable xD

still the Grado is MUCH easier to drive

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #7 of 8
I liked the PS500e a lot, but it's overpriced IMO. 

+1 for any of the Hifimans. The HE-400 can be had really cheap now, and there's also the HE-4 and HE-400i on the cheaper side. The HE-400 does fast, aggressive music very well. Good bass, great crunch on guitars. Not as good more more acoustic rock but not terrible either. The tonality sounds a little funny at first. 

I'd also recommend any of the ZMF headphones for a more relaxed planar. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back