Need advice about Creative Gigaworks T40
Jan 1, 2021 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

onrylmz

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I bought Creative T40 and I'm using this with onboard sound card.It has ALC 892. I think this chip not enough for T40.

1- I can buy new pciex sound card like ASUS Xonar AE PCI Express 7.1
2- I can buy usb sound card like Topping D10 or ASUS XONAR U7 MKII

I wonder if there will be a rise and improvement in voice.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 4
There is a topic about the alc942 here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/is-realtek-alc892-onboard-dac-or-fiio-olympus-e10k-better.818524/

I would not buy an expensive soundcard for such low price speakers.

What is the issue with voice exactly? Muffles voice is usually caused by bass heavy speakers. So try lowering the bass a bit. Or increase treble.

How is the noise floor of the alc892 in your situation? If you hear buzz or other noise then i would recommend a cheap dac like fiio taishan d03k and connect it with an optical cable.

Just some general advice to improve soundquality:
Make sure the output sample rate of your soundcard is the same as you audio files. So usually 44.1khz.
Or use a high quality software resampler.

Jan 3, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Jan 13, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 4
DAC gets my vote as well. If you want to stick with Creative they have several DAC's The SB1240 is the one that sounds best... if you can find one. It's like ten years old but believe it if you will, it sounds better than most sub-$300 DAC's provided you use proper third-party DSP, since the 1240 only has basic EQ in its drivers. I bought one when they were new and still keep it as a backup. Yep, it's from Creative, who would've guessed. It's all about the chip, I don't recall its name but reviewers would often comment stuff like "what is THAT chip doing in a Creative product" seemingly forgetting that company's decades of experience working with computer sound. It's not because someone makes consumer-grade products that it can't design devices beyond entry-level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back