Need a Surge Protector....
Jun 18, 2004 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

etys rule

1000+ Head-Fier
There are too many to choose from. I need to hook up the computer, monitor, printer, computer speakers, cellphone charger, iPod charger, Elpac, CD Player, PCDP AC, and SD charger. In addition to TV, Cable box, DVD. I see some that hook up the actual signal feed too. I probably don't need those.

My question is, which ones do I look for? How many is too many into any one surge protector? Is there a limit for any one electrical socket? Is there a specific way I should seperate my components?

I am more concerned with starting a fire than anything else. Some are $50, while others are $10. And what the heck is a Joule?
biggrin.gif

Signed,
An electrical fire waiting to happen

Jun 19, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 5
If you're just interested in surge protection, the APC SurgeArrest Performance series is what you need. These come in two models, PF11VNT3 and PF11VT3. The PF11VNT3 model has Ethernet surge protection, the other does not. They have 11 outlets and perform to APC's usual excellent standards. You'll probably want two of these to cover all of your devices adequately.

If you're also interested in power filtering and blackout/brownout protection, look at an APC Back-UPS LS 700. They retail for about $140.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back