Need a super cheap bluetooth DAC, and USB DAC that will work with Jellybean 4.1 phones
Aug 31, 2012 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

c0reyl

New Head-Fier
Basically, I got some questions. Will a Fiio E7 work with any USB Host setup on Jellybean 4.1?

Also, I may be trying to build portable sound docks in the near future made probably from Fibreglass using high excursion small speakers with cheap smaller silk domes and a simple crossover for the cheaper more portable model and for the more expensive model, will have bigger Kevlar drivers and be made of MDF and will be piano finish or veneered with higher quality silk domes.

Silk domes will be swivel mount if possible to solve speaker placement issues, but I'd like to find a cheap bluetooth DAC and USB dac that works with both Jellybean, and icrap devices as a simple setup, and possibly work in a charging mechanism with the right resistor crossover setup to the usb.

I have no idea how to build a DAC and it seems way beyond what my simple brain is capable of, but I'm decent at building speakers, and I built an amplifier no problem with schematics, so given the right cheap DAC's I think I could make this work. Are there any somewhat cheap DACS that I can easily hook up a powersorce to with GOOD QUALITY output. quality matters much more with the bluetooth. is high fidelity even possible through bluetooth? I'd like the highest quality dac possible regarding bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back