Need a suggestion - Semi-isolating headphones
Jul 13, 2008 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nysulli

500+ Head-Fier
seeing as my px100's we're just taken out by my PINT which blew an opamp, I'm looking for something new

here's the catch, i'd like something semi-isolating, I've got a few road trips with the in laws in the coming months, and I'd like something that won't leak much sound out to them. I'm open to anything really, I haven't had IEM's but I'm not opposed to giving them a shot since ear-plugs really don't bother me. I'd also like to keep things under $100, and if possible closer to $50, as typically I'm able to just enjoy my MAX/HF-1 combo at home.

my music taste is hard-rock, metal mostly.

looking over on amazon I noticed they had some shure e2c's and e3c's dirt cheap that caught my eye, and I'm pretty unfamiliar with the new line of shure's

anyhow, what would be some suggestions to look at?

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 5
For iems, the RE2 should fit your bill since they're very good at rock music and costs only $99
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #4 of 5
Head direct ships out their stuff from NY and looking at your location, you should get it in time. They ship via first class mail and I got it within a few days even though I live in California.

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 5
good to hear, unless someone else has another suggestion to look at, the RE2's look pretty promising

one other thing to note, these will be used almost exclusively with a mini^3 at least for the time being (although I'm sure they'll find their way to the MAX as well from time to time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back