Need a sub $150 closed headphone
Nov 23, 2008 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
I was looking around for some closed headphones for a while and really have a few in mind, but I'm looking for something that is good for Metal. I have used Koss Pro4aat cans for a long time and like them, but I'm becoming more of a stereo head and want better sound quality. So now I see that Guitar Center is having a sale on AKG K44's and I've heard they are good for mid range heavy music such as Rock and Metal. Thing is is that I couldn't find any reviews for them, so my main question is that actually how good are they, and do you guys have any other suggestions for cans in my price range?

Thanks in advance.

Also, may be getting a pair of Denon AH-D5000 for XMAS... well hopefully...

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 3
If you may be getting a great pair of cans for xmas, why not wait?

As the merchants get ansy with the economy in free fall, why not hold your lolly and buy closer to xmas when the sales should escalate? Maybe after Xmas, they sales will be even better. But if you must do your bit to salvage the economic morass this nation is in, you probably can't go wrong with the AKG K44's.

For rock, Grado's are delightful. Open, but really good. The SR 80 might be nice for you (around 100 bucks). The SR 60 at 70 bucks is a veritable bargain (my favourite cheap can).

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm just not sure if Ill be getting those Denons. I'm really holding out for tax returns. If I get enough, I'll pick up a used pair.

Grado's are a bit too bright for me. I tend to get ear fatigue from them rather quickly.

Is there any other AKG cans I can get that are under $150?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back