Need a Rockbox build to play ALAC files without freezing/skipping in iPod Photo
Oct 29, 2006 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bpfiguer

100+ Head-Fier
The Apple iPod firmware for the 60GB iPod Photo does not support gapless playback. Since I mostly listen to classical music, this sometimes keeps me from being able to enjoy a complete piece. To solve this, I attempted to install Rockbox (build 20060930) in my iMod iPod Photo (60GB). The problem I'm having with the unit, however, is that it freezes/skips quite often. My question is whether there is a Rockbox build that can play Apple Lossless Files stably. In addition, please post information regarding specific settings your Rockbox has (theme, peak meter, etc.). Thank you.

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 4
it may be peak meters that are causing the skipping.
my ipod photo intermittantly freezes with mp3 filetypes does anyone else get this? or is it a symptom of unfinished firmware?

Oct 30, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 4
I believe the developers have stated that Rockbox has not as of this date been perfected for 30g and 60g Ipods. that's what's keeping me from downloading for my 30 g. Hopefully, one of them will chime in here on this situation

Oct 30, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 4
For my 4G B/W, to avoid skips/freezing, I either need to:

-Use RB with no peakmeter, no EQ, no crossfeed, etc, but that kind of defeats the purpose of RB for me.

OR

-Use the experimental build that turns off the variable cpu clockspeed (see RB forums, "experimental builds" to find the download).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back