Need a replacement cable for my hd800 (nope, sound quality is not a criteria)
Oct 4, 2014 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

extrabigmehdi

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
I didn't believe it , when I saw that the cable of my hd800 cracked in many place with time, and there's  even bad connection problem . I don't know how it happened, and if it's a known flaw of the hd800 cable .... I didn't have such problem previously with other headphone.  Anyways I need to replace the cable, as there's no pleasure in listening  a headphone that is muting from time to time , in one side.

So what I need to find a replacement cable for my hd800:
- below 300$, preferably 200$
- a solid cable, with good life expectancy
- a cable that is  "professionally" made (not one of those stuff that seem to be quickly made, using a blowtorch, and then some thin plastic/ scotch to hide the soldering)
- a relatively short cable, that doesn't tangle all the time . The default hd800 cable really irritated me with the tangling.
I  don't know what is the average length of "mid-end" headphone, but something like that. Anyways I already have a cable extension , that I use for some reasons.
- esthetically pleasing ?
- as long as the cable would allow my hd800 to work properly again, I'm not much interested  by the impact of  cable on sound quality.

Any suggestion
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back