need a recommendation on good cycling earbuds
Nov 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mygixxer

New Head-Fier
As of now I am using a set of klipsch custom 2 earbuds. They work pretty well but some days can lose a good seal in my ear if I get really sweaty. I was recently told to look into the monster powerbeats by dre. The reviews seem to be nothing more than sub par other than the fact that they stay in the ear really well. I only ride with 1 earbud in my right ear so i can hear the traffic and other surroundings, so having a complete seal to cut out background noise is prefered. Since I use these for cycling and working out at the gym, I'm looking for a good quality wire and connection into the buds and jack. Like I said, mine work fairly well. just looking to see what else is out there.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 8
sorry I should have mentioned that. the ones I currently use (klipsch custom 2) has an "over the ear" IEM. the over the ear mount is bendable and can adjust as necassary. Like I mentioned above, they are a nice set that works well. just looking for something that might be better.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 8
I know the Monster Turbine series has a mount that is also adjustable, although their build quality isn't that good. Mine broke in a month. There is life time warranty on them though. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 8
Out of a strange impulse buy I got a pair of powerbeats.

In all honesty they aren't as bad as they are made out to be (at least soundwise) I can't say for sure how durable they are yet.

The tips that come with them are rubbish, but using some other monster tips I have, I get a good fit and decent sound.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #6 of 8
I run and ride in UE customs.  For me, definitely the best solution.  They don't move around in the ear and the seal keeps the sweat out.  Only downside is noise isolation, so you must be more alert to traffic or other dangers.  

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 8
Imo it is too dangerous to cycle while wearing IEMs. In many places bicycling while wearing headphones or earphones on both ears is illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back