Need a Recommendation, Help Appreciated.
Apr 12, 2008 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ParanoidAndroid

New Head-Fier
I currently own a pair of Sennheiser Hd 555 and love them. I want to buy another pair of headphones in the $100 - $150 range. I listen to mainly Alterntive/Progressive rock. Im deciding between Sennheiser Hd 595 for $135 or Grado Sr-125 for $155. Any suggestion's are welcome.

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 7
For your type of programming you may want to look at some BeyerDynamic DT770s at 80ohm or go to the Beyer website and Manufaktur (customize) some DT770s to 600ohm, the high impedance will take some of the slack outta that booty and make the highs nice and smooth.

beyerdynamic: MANUFAKTUR

Drawing the crowbar back over top of my head!

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonFreeman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For your type of programming you may want to look at some BeyerDynamic DT770s at 80ohm or go to the Beyer website and Manufaktur (customize) some DT770s to 600ohm, the high impedance will take some of the slack outta that booty and make the highs nice and smooth.

beyerdynamic: MANUFAKTUR

Except for the fact that your suggestion is not only out of his stated price, it would also require a pretty decent amp, making it not even close to what he's looking for.

ParanoidAndroid, welcome to head-fi. I can't answer your question regarding those two headphones, but definitely stick around, do some research, and consider your whole rig (source, amp, if any, etc.) when making choices.

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 7
Also consider the Audio-Technica AD700, you can get a used one within your budget on the FS forums. I haven't heard them but the word around here is that they're supposed to be pretty good.

And where do you live? There are a disproportionate number of Head-Fiers in the Seattle, SF Bay, SoCal, Chicago, NY Metro, central Texas, Atlanta-Georgia, VA/DC, and SoFla areas. And in Canada there are major groups around Vancouver and Toronto. You can look up areas & people in the Meets forum.

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #5 of 7
Ok, if you have an amp then the 600 ohm Beyers will rock. If not then the ATs Asr mentioned or even some Grados as they are low impedance and can be driven from an ipod or computer sound card. You can customize any of the beyers to 32 ohm as well if you don't want to use an amp. Boomana, as for a price range, you never spent more on audio equipment than you had alloted for that purchase? We know you don't do that with cars, so what do you do with your larger sums of mad money?

Ill tell you what I did with mine today. I went to eLuxury and bought a 750 dollar wallet for my wife because she lost her wallet a couple of days ago and she realized it today and I couldn't get her to stop beating up on herself. She works hard, and she is worth it. Now I gotta get some replacement greenbacks so I can score a Solo.

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 7
Tthanks for all the help, i will look into the Audio-Technica AD700. My source for the most part will be my computer with a X-fi Xtreme music sound card. I live in Winnipeg so it i don't know how big of a Audiophile fan base we have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back