Need a recommendation for bass heavy open cans
Nov 29, 2009 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GuruSY

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a very bass heavy can for gaming and movies. I want to feel the explosions. These will not be music cans, since I own the Senn HD580 for home listening and it is perfectly fine for the music that I listen to. Positional sound quality is not a super concern since I'm not a competitive gamer or anything.

I want open cans. I own a pair of Ultrasone 780's, but they isolate too much sound and I cannot hear the wife yelling for me lol.

I plan on getting one of those Astro gaming 5.1 headphone mixers. My budget is $400 not including the mixer.

Based on my research so far, the DT990 is in the lead. Any other recommendations?

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 4
DT 990 would be my first choice too... kinda pricey just for gaming though.

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Dt-990Pro are quite bass heavy without being too bloated...plus they are cheap and comfortable enough for long gaming sessions, it could be a good choiche.

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dt-990Pro are quite bass heavy without being too bloated...plus they are cheap and comfortable enough for long gaming sessions, it could be a good choiche.

The Pro or non-pro? What I have read is that the non-pro is superior, but maybe not for my purposes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back