Need a power cord for Cambridge D500SE
Apr 14, 2002 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
The stock cord for this player doesn't seem to work very well. It never seems like it's pushed in securely, and when I move the unit it often shuts off. Thus, I'm looking for a replacement cord. $50 max. I've heard good things about the Absolute power cord, but can I do just as well with a cheaper cord?

Apr 14, 2002 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 3
If you go to www.higherfi.com , click on cables, they have some Straightwire power cables for, I think, $40. If I were you though, I would purchase the Ensemble Powerflux for $125. I use the Ensemble Mega Powerflux and I LOVE them. Cables are like just about everything else, you get what you pay for.

Apr 14, 2002 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 3
I've done a bit of research on the Cambridge 500se (via google) and have put it on my "buy" list for my new source.

FWIW, I have seen several mentions that the stock power cord is of poor quality and that the sound will definitely improve from an upgrade. So, you may get some hi-fidelity improvement also. You might also take that into consideration in your new purchase.

I would be interested if you do detect any noticeable differences in the sound quality after you replace the power cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back