Need a pocket friendly lod and amp for a 3G touch
Apr 16, 2010 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
I was curious as to what combo would be the most compact. I listen to podcasts mostly so SQ is not as big a deal as sturdy and cheap. I am a bit tough on my portable gear.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 6
If you're just using a yuin pk3, don't bother with the amp. Amps really only help with balanced armature phones. And if you listen to podcasts for the most part, there is even less reason to bother with the LOD and an amp.

Apr 16, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 6
If you DO go via an amp, the ibasso T4 is VERY pocket friendly.

Compact, well built and good SQ.

Apr 16, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 6
Podcasts are usually around 32-64 kbps if they are just speech so there is really no need for an amp unless you are having volume problems in which case you could just get a FiiO e5 (which is very pocket friendly) or a cheap cmoy.

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #5 of 6
I switch from headphones to speakers several times a day and do not want to wear out the headphone jack. That is the main reason for this. What about head directs lod offerings? Easier to get that and a filo together.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I switch from headphones to speakers several times a day and do not want to wear out the headphone jack. That is the main reason for this. What about head directs lod offerings? Easier to get that and a filo together.

Trust me, you won't wear out your headphone jack. If, however, you absolutely insist on getting an amp regardless then I would suggest one of the offerings from fiio. The fiio e3 would only work by plugging into the headphone jack (but is only $8) while the e5 ($20) can be used with an LOD. But again, you really don't need an amp or an LOD. Save the money and purchase some CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back