need a PK3 equivalent non j cord!!
Nov 29, 2007 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cin__server

Head-Fier
hi i am looking for a friend and he hates the j cord ear buds, he wants something that level of sound quality, what is just a little step down?

must be earbud. no canal phones.

similar $40 price

closest i can think is bass freqs. or are those canal??

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 7
senn mx500 but theyre no where near yuins in terms on sq

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 7
No I asked Fang when I ordered my PK2. The PK3 is only made in J-cord. I don't think you are going to find anything like what you are looking for unless you can find a pair of used PK2 for that price or he is willing to actually spend the 70 bucks for a new pair.

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Okay i think that canal phones would be ok, but ear buds would be preferable. price point is $40 firm. sound preference is bass heavy. these are going to a non audiophile who is really rough on his gear. he will wear them biking and skiing and everything-ing.

really looking for impressions on the AKG earbuds. (i tried searching but it doesn't seem to be right yet)

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 7
Other earbuds:

Beyerdynamic DTX40 - better bass than most canalphones

AKG12p - maybe a little less muddy than the mx400, less bass

Other than that I'm out of ideas. There *really* is no true equivalent since YUIN is the only one really trying at the moment. There aren't any canalphones around that price range that I can think of, either. Maybe some modded JVC Marshmallow FX33s, though it won't retain the same kind of midrange sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back