Need a pair of Portable -phones ASAP! Eggos, IEMs, $100 dollar limit!
Dec 28, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whorehay
just be careful if you are riding a bicycle/motorcycle because with these complys on, i can't hear myself type, or my mouse click with the music on probably 1/8th volume.

That's what I want, isolation. They are for wearing on my Ski-Doo Rev 800 which I have reduced in weight by over 50lbs (438lbs dry) and boosted the horsepower up over 150 so I can't hear anything anyway. As far as being careful it would be any fun if I did that.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Thanks.

Dec 28, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #32 of 38
good to haf someone else wif the UM1s..

i moved down from the E4Cs to them, they don't dissapoint me @ all and I like the fitment of it over the E4

Dec 28, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_long
good to haf someone else wif the UM1s..

i moved down from the E4Cs to them, they don't dissapoint me @ all and I like the fitment of it over the E4

i find them extremely comfortable as well. so far, the one improvement i can tell over the iPod earbuds is the exceptional clarity the UM1s have. plus there is ACTUALLY SOME BASS. i didn't believe it. now i'm listening to techno and trance because they are so much more fun. i went back and listened to vivaldi's four seasons (spring, 1st mvt., violin I solos) and the iPod earbuds are quite "muddy." but i guess this is what you get when you spend more money on earphones. it can only get better
etysmile.gif

Dec 28, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #34 of 38
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted, and luckily this thread covers almost exactly what I was going to ask. So I hope you don't mind if I whore it just a tad...

I was settled on the Ety ER-6i before reading this thread. I've never heard of the Westones before, but now I'm curious. Are there any in-depth reviews anywhere? I can have either these, the ER-6i, or the UE Super.fi 3 for about the same price (~$100). I'm looking for isolation, good bass, and of course decent mids and treble. I won't be using them with an amplifier, just my old iRiver H120. I listen to mostly rock (classic and 90s).

Anybody have some advice for why I should pick one of these three over the others?

Thanks!

Dec 28, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whorehay
index.php

and first song:
index.php

idina menzel is amazing by the way
smily_headphones1.gif

still burning them in though. isolation is amazing with the foam, and i am still trying to get the triflanges to fit. sounds like i get more bass with the foam, and more treble with the flanges.

can you post some pictures with them in you ears?
thanks!

Dec 29, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #37 of 38
These pictures are really quite impressive and good for backing up my purchase of the UM1s (because everyone wants others to tell them how smart their purchase was).

It does seem like you can have your head on its side against a pillow comfortably with the UM1s in.

Dec 29, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
These pictures are really quite impressive and good for backing up my purchase of the UM1s (because everyone wants others to tell them how smart their purchase was).

It does seem like you can have your head on its side against a pillow comfortably with the UM1s in.

i've tried it. i feel asleep..
so it works.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back