Need a pair of earphones or IEMs for walking and gym time
Feb 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

diligentimp

New Head-Fier
For use with a Sandisk Sansa Clip+. The earphones that came with that are on the way out as of yesterday, and besides, I know - in theory anyway - that almost anything would be superior to them.

I have really no experience with headphones of any kind to speak of, other than a few times in studios, and then as a musician, not a sound engineer. Speakers, I got into a while back, but have since settled for something that "does the trick"... for now. Was quite fond of some older mid-to-high end British models in particular, in case it's relevant.

What I'm after is something that sounds significantly better than stock earphones (as noted, probably a given), and - I hope I am using useful terms here - qualities like: lush, musical, sweet, immersive... and also non-fatiguing, not harsh, not sibilant, not boomy, not muddy. A nice balance across the spectrum is desirable, but I suspect not necessarily attainable without blowing the rather limited budget (see below).

I mostly listen to prog and metal via the Sansa, though there could be just about anything else in the mix at times. Budget would be preferably under $100, but that might depend somewhat on just how persuasive a given product (or sales pitch!) happens to be. :wink:

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 4
try to get a shure SE315 u can find them for around 135$  if ur lucky.. if not try the SE215 or Klipsch x10..  x10 goes as low as 97$ its a bargain considering its sq if u ask me..

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 4
I've never had any issues with cables being caught or whatever. I don't run, or anything like that; just lift weights and do pullups and dips, etc.

But if "earbud" type headphones would be better, let me know, and I'll look at them instead. To be fair, I've never even tried any IEMs. So you might have a point, for all I know. :/

edit: I just saw the thread this should've been in. Oops. I swear it wasn't there (on the front page) before! :) Guess I'll copy what I posted to a post there, and btw, feel free to delete this one, moderators (or whoever).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back