Need a on-the-go and gym headphone/IEM
Feb 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MRiNiCK

500+ Head-Fier
I recently owned the Custom 1964 Triples before I sold them, then I bought the Momentum which I sold again for some needed cash.. All im left headphones wise, are my Sennheiser HD650, and Ultrasone Pro 900. But I use these at home, so currently im stuck now using the apple in ear headphone. I have some leftover tax money which I might want to spend on a pair of headphones/IEM on the go/gym.. As you may already tell, i like the music to be detailed as much possible, dont really care too much for bass but it has to be there and known.Dont want my highs screamingly high. My music tastes vaires from indie pop/rock, progressive, alt, experimental rock,shoegazing, electronica, rap and hip/hop..

As for budget wise lets make it up to 250$, but If I want to go back to the Custom route,ill spend abut 400-500$ including get the impression which cost around here 100$.... I was thinking of getting the Denon Exercise Freak W-150 but I'm not sure about the sound quality...
By the way whatever headphone you recommend they'll be powered through my ipod which contains all 320 and my phone which has FLAC as well.

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 8
I think I would be looking at the better quality IEMs in that price range - Westone, Shure, Etymotic, etc.

should I go for there newer product line or older? I just saw a video on the Westone W40,

Feb 9, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 8
My understanding is that most of the differences in the new Westones are cosmetic, and Westone intended them to sound the same - but I have no first hand knowledge of that. I haven't heard any of the newer generations of Westones - I just have the old UM2.

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 8
bump, im thinking of now of getting the Westone W40 , GR07, anything else i can look into?

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #7 of 8
BUMP.? Willing to try a new signature that isnt highly detailed as other IEM/headphones i tried.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #8 of 8
BUmp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back