Need a new setup
Nov 24, 2018 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thegen

Head-Fier
I need a new setup for my Grado PS500's since my current Meridian Explorer 2 lacks both a volumeknob and optical input.

Is the Modi Multibit with Magni 3 a good combination for Grados? Or do you people have other suggestions? Been looking at the Chord Mojo aswell, but I don't really need a portable amp with batteries.

Nov 24, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #2 of 6
I need a new setup for my Grado PS500's since my current Meridian Explorer 2 lacks both a volumeknob and optical input.

Is the Modi Multibit with Magni 3 a good combination for Grados? Or do you people have other suggestions? Been looking at the Chord Mojo aswell, but I don't really need a portable amp with batteries.

Micca Origen G2 is excellent and has both optical input and volume knob. I had one previous before upgrading to the Aune X7S.

Nov 25, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 6
Micca Origen G2 is excellent and has both optical input and volume knob. I had one previous before upgrading to the Aune X7S.

Thank you for the tip. Thinking about going with Schiit Valhalla 2 as amp though. Not sure which DAC yet, but one from Schiit for sure.

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 6
I think modi and magni is a good combo. I have modi2 uber and magni2 uber. The volume knob is a bit too small and it's hard to get a smooth volume adjustment experience.

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 6
I think modi and magni is a good combo. I have modi2 uber and magni2 uber. The volume knob is a bit too small and it's hard to get a smooth volume adjustment experience.

Could it be a big upgrade from Meridian Explorer? I know the D/A in the Modi Multibit is alot more expensive than the one used in the ME though.

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 6
Could it be a big upgrade from Meridian Explorer? I know the D/A in the Modi Multibit is alot more expensive than the one used in the ME though.
I haven't tried the one you mentioned. I would say it is definitely more powerful and probably just the best combo at that price point. I recently upgraded to gungnir, there is a difference but probably not that big. I am also planning on selling my modi and magni combo, so if you are interested please PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back