Need a new set of portables, IEM or Over ear
Sep 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DUBS73P

New Head-Fier
Hi, so I'm in the market for another set of headphones as yet again a cheap set has died on me

What I have at the moment:
Sennheiser HD202
Sennheiser CX300 ii
Logitech UE 300vi
House of Marley (not sure which)
Skullcandy Hesh

As you can see I have a whole load of meh phones and I'm looking for a pair that's fun but still accurate, the biggest problem I have with my cheaper phones is that they are all quite bassy but that makes them muddy and ruins listening

So my main criteria is clarity, bass would be nice but not if it makes them sound muddy at all, I listen to everything really, hip hop, pop, classical, rock, rap, dub step, don't like anything that is really tight to the ears like beats solo and 202s but don't mind if they are IEM, on or over ear

I've been looking at CAL!, iGrado, Portapros, Shure 215 (bit pricey and a risk) and loads of other iem phones, ideally no more than £50 but I'd go more if I'm getting bang for my buck

Ideally I'd like one of each but for now I'll get one or the other and pick the other up at a later date

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 11
Sennheiser HD25-1 II. On-ear legends. Great isolation, great sound quality, great detail, very portable, and they're rugged.

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 11
I'd love the HD25 but unfortunately they're well out of my price range and just can't justify them while I'm still new to all this. Thanks though

Those Fischer audio look good too but are they good enough to beat the other cheaper models?

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #7 of 11
IEMS:
ATH-CKM500
Rock it R-50

I can't find the rockid phones in the uk but they looked really good!

And I'll also consider the audio technicas, thanks :)

I really like the look of the SE215 now, especially the fit and over ear cable style, but some reviews say the sound is lacking

Sep 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 11
Instead of splurging on a couple of headphones I think you should seriously starting considering saving up for a V-MODA M-80. They're perfect for your genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back