Need a new portable player
Feb 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Deathdeisel

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, recently (due to joining these forumns) my audio library has gotten bigger, in both number and size of files, so my 8gb 4th gen shuffle is starting to not cut it. 

Im looking for a reccomendation for something with atleast twice the size of that, if that needs an SD card or something of the sort to make it bigger thats fine and doesnt bother me. Size wise smaller is better as long as its not smaller than the newest shuffle/nanos, those are much too small for my liking and ill lose them or something of the sort. 

I could care less if it is an apple product, all i care about is good sound reproduction, larger storage, durability, and not too expensive. I know some of you guys have used sansa clips and whatnot before, but im not sure about the newest audio players, so i figured where else to ask better than here. 

Driving wise it doesnt need to be strong, im not using it to power full size headphones, i have my E9/E7 combo for that. Other than that, thats all i can think of atm, if theres anything else you need to know let me know. Thanks a lot

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 4
Option 1 : If price is an issue you could go with a Clip or a Fuze on the cheap and expand on its internal storage with a couple of 32 gig SD cards.

Option 2: If you want to stay within the Apple ecosystem then just look around for a new iPod and buy whatever iPod that would best fit your needs

Option 3: Sony just did a release of they're new flagship player called the Sony Z Player. It uses Android as it's operating system and has gotten good reviews from people on here. theres a thread dedicated to impressions on here if interested in more information go there. The player comes in 8 16 32 and 64 Gig storage capabilities but as far as I know the 64 Gig version isn't available in N. America. Oh and it also has no slot for SD card expansion.

Option 4: The Telecast T51 (aka S:Flo) has been getting rave reviews for some time on here but from the little I know about it it's of limited storage capabilities. I think it's only 8 Gigs.

Option 5: If price is no object iBasso just launched their new 64 gig Android powered DAP which can have storage further expanded with an SD card. The DX100 can drive high impedance 600 ohm headphones can play 24 bit high res files and has been getting tons of rave reviews on it thus far. There's a couple of threads on here you can check out if interested.

There you go 5 different options hope that helps.

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Okay thanks for the reply digital. Im probably just gunna go with either the clip zip with a large microSD card, or an ipod classic, ill take a look at both. Sorry for the extremely late reply, been really busy as of late. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back