Need a New Player (and perhaps IEM's)
Nov 4, 2008 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

enim

New Head-Fier
I currently have a frankenbox of a iRiver H10 case and board with a Creative Zen vision:m 30gb drive, running rockbox. It lives in my car. Its great for what it does (shuffle large playlists with no user input with good sound), but doesn't work great for walkaround, portable use - the hold switch and FF/RW buttons no longer work, the interface is very very slow, etc.

I'm currently using ollllldddd Shure E2c's for 'phones. They still work, but the left ear cuts in and out rarely.

What I'm in the market for is a sub-100 USD player. 1-8 GB would be nice, video could be cool, but I mostly just need good sounding MP3 support. A good interface would be nice, ID3 tag databasing is a must.

Also, is it possible to get a new pair of in-ears for 50ish bucks?

Thanks in advanced!

Nov 4, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by enim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible to get a new pair of in-ears for 50ish bucks?

There are quite a few choices in in-ears for around $50 - but most of those in that range don't sound good: They sound either too dark or too bright. That said, I can recommend the Denon AH-C#51 series hybrid buds/IEMs, such as the AH-C351 for under $50. But other in-ears for such a low price, such as the JVC Marshmallows and (if you like lots of bass) the Sennheiser CX#00 series hybrids, are also recommended by some other Head-Fiers; however, I have found the Marshmallows to deliver a bit too much mid-bass and not enough midrange for my tastes, and I have not listened to the CX300 at all.

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 6
Sansa Fuze. 8gb with microsd, okay bettery life (24hours), one of the best SQs out there. AND....extremely cheap. I bought my Fuze at Walmart in Canada for $100.

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back